27 January 2009

new toy


a new toy... literally. a hula hoop. my new years resolution: finally learn to hula hoop, and work it.

and while i'm on the topic of goals, let's go back to my favorite goal: languages! nov 18th is the last day for me to start learning german. start. which means i need to really improve my french until then. i want to be strong in french before i attempt another language. and i picked the 18th, the day before my birthday, as the date so i could say "i started studying when I was 22" instead of "i started studying it when i was 23"..........

and of course, EVERY girl has the weight resolution, but that's boring. i'm no different. just a few pounds is all I ask, but it's a bit tough with all the love i give to the oven.

3 comments:

reineke said...

lol, resolutions, resolutions. I am now "serious" about learning German before I am allowed to improve my French.

rae333 said...

I just visited germany a month ago. I was all about learning german before i went now im insane about it. I keep putting it off though because i am convinced i cannot learn it without knowing someone else who speaks it so we can practice conversational german.

csquad said...

rae333: I know how you feel! It is near impossible to find native French speakers in Texas, but thankfully there are lots of people willing to learn and practice :) i hope you are able to find someone to practice with!