a school that has the one, the only, the amazing harry ransom center. original manuscripts. ancient maps. first edition books. the gutenberg bible. the world's first photo. the gone with the wind costume collection. so so so many treasures. one catch - you can't physically browse the collection. you need to know what you are after in order to get it, so many students don't take advantage of it. but i know what i want - historical french cooking books! historical french costume plates! historical geological maps!
1. i've been on a watercolor kick lately
2. i really wanted to look at old cookbooks and make recipes from them
3. you can only take in sheets of paper into the hrc
4. i thought, well, i'll bring watercolor paper so i can draw...
5. oh my gosh, i love how these recipes are worded, so i'll copy them down...
6. and after i make them, i want to paint them on these papers, so they will be visual recipe cards! and paintings too!
7. so yes. watercolor paintings with recipes. and i think it'll be fun to make food from a cookbook hundreds of years old by ancient patissiers!