28 August 2010

trip to russia

russia0(photo used from here.)

it is a summer of limbo. i don’t know where i’m going or when. i know how – by plane. but that’s the only thing that is for sure.

while my body might be stuck in texas, my mind is definitely traveling. netflix. books. recipes.

and most recently, russia.

russia00 i discovered a goldmine. otherwise known as canon creative park.

russia01armed with a color printer, some sharp scissors, sticky glue, and lots of toothpicks i set off to see st basil’s catherdral, sans smoke.

russia02and it began to take shape.

russia03the entire time i couldn’t stop thinking about figs.

russia04perhaps my st. basil isn’t very perfect. but it’s better than not travelling, don’t you think?

russia05now that i’ve visited russia, where will i be going next…?

russia06and if you’re not into travelling, no worries, the goldmine is full of other things to visit. like cute little chipmunks.

2 comments:

donna said...

how about egypt?.....my girlfriend just left this morning for cairo.....a sphinx maybe?....love the idea...i travel to france everyday in one way or another

christelle is flabbergasting said...

Ahhaah ! I've been to Moscow ! An incredible trip through the Transsiberian train ! I HIGHLY recommend... Look at your St Basil's cathedral... so great! Cathy, you amaze me!!!